Nahuel Huapi Lake – Epic Kayak Expeditionfrom
Lake Nahuel Huapi provides the setting for one of the best touring kayak expeditions in Patagonia, only comparable to tours in some regions of Canada or Scotland.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
We will explore the Lake from its North end, on the outskirts of Villa La Angostura towards the South, arriving at the city of San Carlos de Bariloche.
03 days of sailing for experienced paddlers, in “sustainable expedition” modality, visiting bays, beaches and islands of the largest lake in the region.
Setting: Lake and forest
Activity: Navigation, paddling, hiking
Duration: 03 days
Schedule: 10 am to 4 pm | aprox
Season: November to March
Included: See details
Optional: Pre and post tours and activities
Follow us on social networks
- Ground transfers from the accommodation to the starting point – retreat, return to the accommodation (* 1).
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Technical assistance.
- Kayak with complete safety equipment.
- Safety equipment and other equipment necessary for the activity.
- Hydration, snack, gourmet lunch.
- Security elements (guide’s first aid kit, communication equipment – cell phone, VHF – SPOT).
- 02 nights of expedition camp.
- Any item not included in included
- Personal expenses
- Transfers outside the stipulated
- Meals out of those stipulated
- Accommodation before and after the expedition, can be hired separately.
Note: optional circuit extension
- Day1 Última Esperanza - Machete
After breakfast, we moved to the border to reach the head of the Brazo Rincón where we will lower the equipment into the water and ready to set sail we made our last review. We travel the Brazo Rincón and then turn south and head, near the coast, to the Brazo Machete where we will camp for the night. After setting up the camp we can explore the area, we will enjoy the sunset over the lake and the stories of travelers in the area during dinner.
- Day2 Machete - Estenzuela
After breakfast, we will disarm the camp and prepare the kayaks for a day of discovery. We will continue the journey towards the South bordering observing the flora and fauna of the bays. We will disembark to meet local people, have lunch and learn about their tasks and history. Before sunset we arrive at our camping site, a beach lends itself to welcome us and allow us a night without comparison. Camping and dinner. Night in camp.
- Day3 Estanzuela - Bahía López
We will disarm the camp to embark and begin the journey back to port.
This day will be remembered by many for its intensity. We will cross the mouths of the Blest and Tristeza arms to reach Bahía López, our destination. This section, although not extensive, will test our training from previous days. We will sail near the Island of the Fossils, we will cross the imposing Punta Millaqueo and we will be able to observe the Sentinel Island, where the remains of the father of the Argentine National Parks, Francisco Pascasio Moreno and his family are found. Upon arrival in Port, the expedition members will be transferred to the accommodation. In the evening, we will enjoy a farewell dinner.
- Synthetic t-shirt,
- Waterproof jacket,
- Buff collar,
- Comfortable slippers,
- Small backpack,
- Wading sandals,
- Fleece shirt,
- Cap with visor,
- Wool or synthetic cap in winter.